Sunday, July 30, 2017

Facing the Unknown

In every new moment, we're stepping into the unknown. Although we surmise that the near future will be very similar to the present, we simply can't know what's just in front of us.

BeeGee has been sick this week.  I've been beside myself ministering to him.  Saw the vet last Wednesday, will go again tomorrow.  He's on an antibiotic but hasn't changed much in response to it.  It's unclear what the problem is.  Tomorrow we'll have an x-ray.  All his organ functions seemed healthy, based on last week's blood work.  So it's anybody's guess what's going on with him.   I'm sure you can imagine how I'm feeling.

I made a couple of 4 x 4 inch watercolor journals last week, with scraps of cold press watercolor paper -- see image below.  I have two more days left on my 100 Day Challenge, and I'll possibly use one or both of those mini journals to do another watercolor challenge for myself.  Or maybe I'll just work in them without challenging myself.  I don't know right now.  I can't even think about it, actually.

Other things on my mind...






10 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

The journals are lovely as are your watercolors. I know all too well how helpless and worried one feels when a beloved pet is not well. It really is difficult to think of anything else. Hope the vet can figure it out and get BeeGee back on the road to health.

Jan said...

The Idaho Beauty said it all for me. I especially like the last watercolor. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and BeeGee. xxj

Roberta Warshaw said...

I hope kitty will be OK......

john said...

Positive thoughts going your way for a speedy recovery for BeeGee. I always love to stop by to see you work. I am always in awe.

Anna H said...

Sending love and light to you and BeeGee, it is so difficult for us humans when our fur babies are ailing. I love the little journals!....Anna

Marybeth said...

I forget how old Bee Gee is, not young if I remember correctly. There are times that even being creative can not override the worry of our furry friends (our kids). You are lucky you can take yours to the vet... ours is so crazy that we pay for yearly house calls and she gets her exam at the house. Even the Vets say it is easier because she is calmer..but not this last time. They had her wrapped up and the doorbell rang and the phone rang at the same time and that cat was out of the cocoon and under the bed in less than a heartbeat. Lynn and I are holding Bee Gee and you in our thoughts!!

Dortesjs said...

ohh I do love your journals and your watercolouring.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

These journals are beautiful!
My best to BeeGee!

john said...

The watercolor with the leaves is so amazing. I love when there is overlap. :-)

phann son said...

Ohh sorry to read about BeeGee, hang in there my friend.
ตารางคะแนน