Sunday, June 4, 2017

From L.A. with Love

I was rather quietly productive this past week.  Really enjoyed having most of the week completely to myself, with few interruptions.  I so need that quality time these days.  I'm busy doing my own things, which is busy enough for me.

My 50th high school reunion was in Los Angeles last weekend.  I'd decided a few months back not to go.  But my bestie from those days sent me photos from the reunion itself, as well as a pre-reunion picnic the day before.  So I kind of feel as though I was there.

One good friend from then, who has lived in Denmark for over 40 years, was there for the reunion with her Danish husband.  They stopped in Fortuna on Friday night, on their way up to Seattle, so we spent that evening and yesterday morning together.  And what a great visit it was.  It just really felt so good to reconnect.

One of my two BFFs from then will be coming here in August, for several days of new adventures together.  And hopefully my other high school BFF will come up later in the year for a bit.  Humboldt County is a way better place to come to visit than going down to Los Angeles would be.  Although I still do and always will love Los Angeles as having been where I came from. 







12 comments:

KAM said...

Just looking at your artwork, one frame at a time, enlarging and immersing myself in the design is a treasured time of stimulation for my muse. Thank you for sharing your work, your thoughts, your journey. These is just such a wonderful and eclectic visual show every time you post. So much appreciation for all you add to my life as artist/writer.
Kristin

MegWeaves said...

That was nice, the virtual reunion. My 40th is coming up in September and of course I won't go but I'm hoping I'll be able to see some pics on their Group page. :-D

Carol Cohn said...

Great collages and watercolor! Glad you had a great time with your visitors, and looking forward to getting together again!

Jacki Long said...

Loving the happiness that's coming from your work Connie!.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

OMG, Connie... is your friend from Denmark named Harmony? If so, it is indeed a small world! I know her! And if so, I hope she is doing well... haven't seen her in years.

Sandra Rude said...

You're hitting the sweet spot with the watercolors! I especially love the first one - it really does put me in a beach frame of mind.

tgarrett said...

how nice to connect with your friends- I have never been to a class reunion just never had the desire- those years were not the best years for me. It's my college friends I am really connected to. Wow just realized I graduated from high school 47 years ago! Wonderful painting and collage as always.

john said...

I am a fan of everything you do, but I must agree I am enthralled with your watercolor works. Just smashing! :-)

jenclair said...

You have been productive! I'm loving your water colors.

Marybeth said...

Lovin' the water colors. They reflect the happy place you are in now.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Really enjoy both watercolors and collages!
I envy your high school long lasting friendships...so special to know someone for so long and to share all of life's living. Precious indeed. What was your take away from seeing photos of the reunion? I was surprised at how many school mates have died...they will always seem forever young to me.

Dortesjs said...

looking at your artwork, it is just fab, you are so inspirering , i follow you on instagram to. could you please tell me what group your in getting all those lovely cut outs from..spain and so on i would like to join in ? I have a lot of great books i cut in also..
I do also watercolouring..yours are great to hope you will write me soon.

xx Dorte -Denmark