Sunday, May 7, 2017

Last Week's Best

I'm enjoying my watercolor exploration, trying different things, changing up my subject matter, and painting something every day.

And enjoying creating collages nearly every day.

And meeting new snailmates via Instagram and getting to know them through the mail.

And exchanging ephemera, vintage book pages, botanical cutouts, postage stamps, old postcards, and other goodies from around the world.

Life's just a kick right now...and I'm loving it.

Here's a tip:  No matter what's going on in the world, you can make your own happiness, right here and now.  When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Have a great week.







7 comments:

Carol Cohn said...

Great cheery images, collage-wise and water color-wise! Glad you're in a happy place. :)

Emily Archer said...

Hi Connie,
I've been enjoying your blog for awhile, and just need to say how much I appreciate your happy note today. Much needed. Your collages are always wonderful.
Emily

Bridget carpenter said...

Me too, I enjoy seeing your art. No idea quite how I found your blog, but I enjoy your honesty. Loving your colours too. Do you ever combine watercolour and collage?

jenclair said...

You are really having fun with the watercolors! And lemonade is always sweeter than lemons :)

Marybeth said...

Lynn loved the sunset/sunrise? pictures - of course. I loved everything posted. Happy is a good place to be, but the Happy Dance has to be with small steps in the Rose Cottage.

Sandra Rude said...

Love the watercolors!

john said...

Just wonderful....everything that you create! :-)