Saturday, May 27, 2017

Rockin' It

I love painting rock portraits ~ rocks are such cool little subjects.  My blog friend, Penny Berens, has been appliqueing and embroidering rocks daily this year.  Check out her great work.

This was another busy week so I wasn't as productive as usual overall, but I did paint something every day.  Today will be Day 34 of my 100 day challenge, and I'm already thinking I might re-up for another 100 days after I conclude this first run.  Challenges keep me making art regularly.

This is a holiday weekend in the States, the start of the summer season.  I'll spend the time catching up on things, getting back into my more normal routine.

Hope you have a great weekend, wherever you are. xx




7 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

These rocks have such vitality and the shadows are dreamy! Great challenge...I will be excited to see more. I am also following Penny Berens rocks with equal joy! Lovely Spring days ahead Connie!

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a gorgeous set of photos you've shared with us today. Love the rocks especially, and I see a connection to batiks in the background of the floral painting. Your collages of vibrant lavenders, blues and beet reds knocked my socks off!

Have a great holiday weekend. I've got deviled eggs already made and plans for making my barbecue shredded pork on Monday. And it will be hot, and the first year in about 8 I think they said, when Memorial Day weekend has not a drop of rain in the forecast.

tgarrett said...

Connie- I love your rock paintings well the other ones too- your posts always make me happy. As always wonderful collages.

jackie said...

Great rocks, and pleased you have found watercolour. Good for you on being so productive.

Anna H said...

Connie, you continue to amaze me, your watercolors are gorgeous, and you definitely have the gift of painting them. I am in awe, as I never could master that medium.

john said...

Wow! I would like to see what you do on a fast day if this was a slow day! :-)

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous work both watercolouring and cutouts ;O)) whiiiiiiiiii