Sunday, May 21, 2017

Eureka!

I think I've found my painting medium ~ watercolor.  I'm just totally loving it.  I love that you can go big and splashy and loose with it...and that you can be tight and detailed and precise, too.

This piece here was inspired by a photo of stoneware pots.  I've been saving a lot of images on Instagram, that I can refer back to as inspiration for painting.  Some flowers, but mostly photos of other things, images with interesting composition, images that have texture, pattern, design.

Also photos of others' artwork in other media, that inspire me to want to try something similar in watercolor.

The only caveat now is that my neck has begun bothering me from looking down as much as I have been.  So I'm going to have to watch that I don't overdo it with the painting.  Take it slowly.  Make it last.  I have the rest of my life, I don't have to do it all this month or this year.

It might actually be spring now on the north coast.  Only time will tell whether this warm/dry spell will continue, or whether we'll be hit with more rain.

Have a blessed week.  xx







12 comments:

Jan said...

LOVE!

Els said...

Ahhhh YES watercolour !!!!!
Love it too, Connie !
(have done it lots of times ... but, still don't master it
the way I would love to ....)

NO, don't overdo it (anything)
(I have problems with my eyes when I do tiny stitches ... :-( !)

Bea said...

Love what you are doing with watercolor...

Roberta Warshaw said...

Watercolor was my first medium. I still love it to this day and even find myself using acrylics as watercolors! I love what you are creating!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Love what you are doing! I am wondering if working at a tilted board or something like that might help the neck? Just a thought. It's frustrating when pain gets in the way of artistic endeavors. But these are beautiful.

Jacki Long said...

Love to see you so happy Connie,
it shows in your beautiful work! ;o)

Anna H said...

I believe you have found it and what wonderful things you are creating, love all of them.........

Blue Sky Dreaming said...


WOW wow wow WOW! Love what you are doing with watercolors!










Sandra Rude said...

And I'm loving your watercolor pieces too! Especially that last image - it's wonderful! Here on the Central Coast, we jumped from one season to the next. Last week it was sorta-kinda rainy and this week's temps range from high 80s to 96.

Jeanne Aird said...

Lovely watercolors and collages as always. Glad you are enjoying it. I love dabbling in watercolors and am looking forward to retirement in 19 days so I can have more time to play with it and other media.

john said...

I would agree, you have found a love, watercolor. Just terrific! :-)

Dortesjs said...

this is awsome, Connie just love your work and your watercolouring is fab.