Sunday, April 23, 2017

What I Was Thinking

Quite possibly some of you might've been wondering why I would ever think of moving into a senior housing situation, after reading last week's blog post...being that I'm as independent-minded and self-reliant as I am.

The reason was, five years ago when I put myself on the wait list for that place, I was living in and operating out of a place of fear ~ fear of what would become of me, fear of the future, fear of not having enough money to live on, fear of going forward into my later years on my own.

I've changed a lot in the past five years.  I no longer have any of those fears, even the fear of not having enough money although I'm still very low income.  True, the overriding reason I've been seeking another place to live has been financial.  But I learned quickly, last weekend, that giving up my independence to save a hundred bucks a month isn't worth it -- at least it wasn't worth it in the case of that first place.

So I'll see about the second place when it becomes available.  But it's going to have to be pretty perfect to get me to leave Rose Cottage at this point.

In other news, I've been doing a bit of watercolor.  May be I'll post a couple images next time.  I really do love it, but I haven't had a lot of time to devote to it.  Seems like there's never enough time to do everything I want to do, even at this point in life, where all my time is my own.

Hope you all have a great week! 


5 comments:

Carol Cohn said...

Great post and collages today, Connie! Somehow, and for whatever reason, the collages seem more upbeat and cheerful! Hope that's a mirror of what's going on with you!

Keep up the great work!

Carol

tgarrett said...

hi Connie I agree upbeat- so nice to see as it was a crummy day here in the weather department snowed at least it didn't stick but still.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Time has a way of changing our perspectives. Worry can destroy any happiness that we might have had today, if we let it overtake our thoughts. I'm glad to read you are thinking more positively these days.

Your Rose Cottage is dear, and if you feel content and happy there, then stay. You have made it your sweet haven from this crazy world that we live in.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I'm so glad you won't have to deal with a move, and that you are feeling better about how things are. You've made the right choice by the sounds of it. I think sometimes we just need to be offered a choice to make us feel more in control and better about our situation, even if we don't choose anything different than what we have.

Love the new spreads!

john said...

It is just plain fun to look at your layering. :-) Total success!