Friday, December 2, 2016

Still Shining

Finished my latest SunMoonStars piece yesterday.  I'm calling it Still Shining, in honor of the fact that regardless of what happens in the world here and abroad, the sun will still be shining somewhere everyday.

This piece is 12 x 13 inches.  All fabrics were hand dyed.  I tried seeding for the first time, in the sun and its rays -- a ton of tiny stitches.  Went more quickly than I'd imagined, though.

I'm enjoying my days stitching and reading mostly, and spending some amount of time daily on Instagram, which I'm loving.  Many new-to-me artists, lots of inspiration.  The bonus is that the images, viewed on either of my Android devices, are to-die-for.  A completely different experience from seeing them on computer. 

Have a good weekend.  Enjoy the holiday season however you can.

8 comments:

Liz Ackert said...

Love this on so many levels ... the dyeing, the seeding (and crossed seeding), the forms, and the kantha stitching. Really a most wonderful piece!

Jan said...

This is lovely. I like the series; yours and the concept. xxj

jenclair said...

Beautiful work, Connie. Love all the texture the stitches add. :)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Excited about this piece...colors are shimmering and those seed stitches are glorious. Oh boy your winter work is just beautiful!

KAM said...

This is such a wonderful piece of cloth work, Connie. I love everything you have executed to make this. Wow, oh wow.
Kristin

Leslie said...

I like this piece a lot. Feels very tropical to me. Hand stitching is so much more appealing to me than machine quilting.

john said...

Well, I just love your work. I am fascinated by stitching and yours is amazing. I love the black and white stitching around the edge. Total success!

Charlton Stitcher said...

Seeding stitch is always a lovely way to integrate layers, create texture and give subtle colour. I go through phases with its use but always like the effect when I do choose it.