Thursday, December 29, 2016

Prolificacy

I'm kind of making up for lost time with my current collage output.  All I can say is, making these is addictive.  I'll be finished with my first Midori insert (16 folios, 32 spreads, 64 pages) in the next few days.

I'm thinking that after I use up the purchased inserts I already have, I'll likely make my own.  I've got so much paper...I've got a paper cutter...and everything else I need.

Not only has it been cold on the North Coast, but it's going to get colder still.  It may even snow down to sea level here next week!

Hard to believe 2016 is over.  Seems like it just began.  A year is hardly any time at all, anymore.

Possibly that fact is why I've been inspired to keep making art ~ collages at the moment.  Because as more time goes by, the less time there is left in my life in which to create.

Wishing you peace these last few days of 2016.    




12 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Wow! You are on a high energy creative splurge. I feel the gift of time and the gift of creating with these end years...it feels so good to be at the work table. Carry on Connie Rose!

Jacki Long said...

Brava Connie! Great Work!
Wishing you a great, healthy, happy 2017.

tgarrett said...

Loving these Connie- wishing you a wonderful new year- well as best as can be given has happened.

Charlton Stitcher said...

These are lovely, Connie. You are so varied in your output. It is always a pleasure and frequently a surprise to visit your blog. A very Happy New Year to you ... and here's to more enjoyable posting next year!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful, Connie! If I lived close to you, I'd be bugging you to let me come over and play! I'm slowly gathering some materials, hoping to start playing soon.
Happy New Year to you, and may 2017 be better than you expect! <3

Els said...

All the best to you Connie !!!
(and lots more wonderful things making in 2017 !)

Jan said...

These are fabulous, as usual! They would be wonderful prompts for writing, especially in a group.

I'm hoping your "prolificacy" wafts down to Aptos and get me going!

jac said...

Wishing you a peaceful, happy and creative 2017 Connie Rose

Meg Weaves said...

I do love your collages. And your book binding, hint, hint! Keep walking several steps ahead of me - I am always behind you, though a bit father behind than you can see. :-D

Jeanne Aird said...

These are just lovely Connie. So much to take in on each page. Wishing you many more creative days in 2017!

john said...

You had me with the crows and the blue jay. I love how you are using text, too.

jenclair said...

What great images and inspiring collages, Connie. Love the way my eye moves from one image to another. :)