Thursday, November 3, 2016

Dark Star

This is Dark Star, my latest piece in the SunMoonStars series.  Finished size is 12.5 x 13 inches.  All fabrics hand dyed except the star/flower fabric, all handstitched.  I enjoyed making this piece as I have the others in the series.  I really like working in a series around a theme.  So I'm planning to keep on with this.  The next piece is coming together on the work table now.

I'm having a Big Holiday Sale in my Etsy Shop right now through Tuesday, November 29.  All Items Are 30 Percent OFF Regular Price in the Shop!


There's more rain supposedly coming in over the weekend, but the last few days have been beautiful, with temps in the mid-60s and a fair amount of sunshine.

Hope your November is off to a good start.  Blessings.

6 comments:

Jacki Long said...

Beautiful Connie!❤️

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I too like working in a series...allows for more depth and exploration of a variety of 'ways'. Lovely!
Sunny days here too.

jenclair said...

Love the inclusion of the dark stars from the border into the patchwork!

Els said...

Great how the assembling of all the small pieces worked out ...
Love the dark star(flowers)

john said...

OK. You had me with the stitches. I love them. It reminds me of the Kantha stitching done in India. LOVE IT!

Charlton Stitcher said...

The subtle colours are really lovely.
Like Mary-Ann, I too really enjoy working in series. It prompts me to explore further and try out different thoughts. I think it also takes the pressure off things. If one thought doesn't quite work out, then there's always another possibility on the horizon.