Monday, October 24, 2016

Work in Process

This is the piece I'm currently working on for another SunMoonStars project. The nine-patches are tiny, about 3-1/2 inches square.  I had satin stitched areas on three of the squares, but subsequently didn't like where it was going.  So I ripped all that out last night.  I've got something else in mind that I know I'll like better.  Any red threads you see are temporary basting stitches.

I'm just finishing up a really terrific book, Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery.  Now I'm keen on cephalopods. 

We're having another rainstorm on the North Coast.  And it looks like we might have some rain for at least the next 10 days or so.  Could be we're in for a wet winter.  Wouldn't that be lovely!  Unfortunately, I don't think Southern California is due to get much if any rain, not in the immediate future anyway.

Hope you have a really great week!

8 comments:

jenclair said...

The changing moon colors and purple and green patches--lovely!

Sandra Rude said...

Hi, Connie, I really like these small 9-patch designs.
Best, Sandra

Marybeth said...

Oh, oh.... that rain is shades of winter 1964 when all my roommates went home for Christmas and I was flooded in in Arcata and we had to boil water to prepare Christmas dinner. I love the piece you are working on now!!

Jan said...

This is a beauty--can't wait to see it in person! xxj

Charlton Stitcher said...

It is fascinating following this change in focus for you - a return to past work?

Jacki Long said...

A gorgeous palette Connie, I love your work.
Please send down a few day of that rain, we need it!
Thunder, rain & lightning today ... we''re in shock! ;o)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Luminous...with the moons against the lovely greens and purples...I also like the narrow width. Can I say it again...stitches are perfection!

john said...

Just the best!