Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hunter's Moon

Several days hence...and this is Hunter's Moon, in honor of the Hunter's Moon we're said to be having now.

Living as close to the coast as I do, invariably the nighttime sky is clouded over, hence I never get to see sky events ~ meteor showers, full moons, eclipses when they're visible in the Pacific Northwest.  Oh well.

Making this piece that I really love has done a lot to build my confidence.  I spent all day yesterday working on it and enjoyed every minute of it. 

One of the difficulties I've had in my artistic endeavors has been in trying to be too literal ~ the reverse of which could be summed up as not realizing I have an imagination I can put to use, if I'd only exercise it.  So I tend to be thrown to trying to replicate reality in some way, rather than fiddling around with elements regardless of whether the product might be wacky and unreal.  Who cares whether it's "real" or not?  Nobody. 

As Jude said in a comment to my last post, it's enough to just enjoy it. 

15 comments:

Bea said...

I like it a lot.

Leslie said...

That is a great piece. Need to try that sort of thing myself. Good job!

Charlton Stitcher said...

It's lovely. I especially enjoyed the abstraction - I almost always do. it's my way, I think. But being literal is just as valid. It's being true to yourself and your subject that really matters.

KAM said...

I like this very much, Connie. Your new direction is opening up some interesting windows and doors of creativity - a great journey that is much delight to read about and see your photos.
Kristin

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

This is really beautiful, Connie! The stitch work is great, your design is great, and I love the fabrics you used. I see Jude's influence, but this is totally yours!

Jeanne Aird said...

I really like it Connie. Such wonderful textures and patterns. It's always fun to work with circles.

jenclair said...

Oooh--I love the circles on the 9-patch, but the texture in the background fabric makes the piece hum with energy! Lovely, Connie!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...


Yes, to all comments above. i like the variety of stitching and I'm glad you are pleased!

Marybeth said...

I love this kind of art pieces that you can do so well. It has been a few years since you played with bits and pieces of your dyed fabric. It is nice to see that you are enjoying the hand work.

Liz Ackert said...

Found my way here from Jude's SunMoonStars and love what I see in both the movement in this most recent cloth and your past Hand Stitching posts. I look forward to future explorations in space and stitch ...

Santosh Singh said...

Beautiful painting,Thanks for shearing something like this article. I like this a whole lot. If you want additionally visit this link.

Mcx Silver Jackpot Call

Krishna Mishra said...

i like this art.. its very beautiful

Commodity Trading Tips Provider

KrisR said...

Beautiful. It has such energy and darkness - both at the same time.

Els said...

Oh my Connie, I missed this one (uhhhm no wonder)
Love the rivulets running down this piece ....
Stitches can do such wonderful things !!!

john said...

I have never seen meteor showers or the like either. It is too light around here, part of living in an urban area! Lovely work, Connie!