Sunday, September 18, 2016

Clearing the Decks

I completed this piece yesterday, and it's as finished as it's going to be.  Meaning it has no backing and I'm not finishing the edges.  Perhaps it'll get added onto in future, or maybe not.  But it's done, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm ready to move on.

The unnamed piece is 15 x 22 inches, all commercial fabrics.

I'm feeling completely recovered from my surgery on Thursday.  The residual stuffiness is slowly tapering off, I'm glad to say.  I was pretty bummed on Friday when, after the nasal bleeding stopped, my right sinuses were really congested.  But I learned yesterday, when the surgical nurse called to check up on me, that temporary sinus issues are common following sinus surgery.  I have a post op appointment this coming Wednesday.

Anyhow, I'm back in the saddle again, and I have a number of ideas for new stitching projects which will likely not be quite so small-square focused.  Jude will be giving her Sun, Moon & Stars class for free, right on her blog as regular blog posts, beginning this Wednesday or Thursday, whichever day the equinox is.  I'm thinking I'll play or work along with the videos, in addition to other ideas I have in mind.

But largely, I want to move in a new direction with handstitching.  The ideas I'm currently considering are not new for me, it's just that I haven't executed them yet.  It's been easier for a while now to default to small squares than to stretch myself.  But now I'm feeling in the mood to push the edges design-wise.

Hope you have a great first week of autumn, my go-to season.

7 comments:

Jan said...

I like this a lot--I can never resist turquoise! I'm glad you're feeling better.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Love the balance of colour, print and value and turquoise always looks fabulous. Pushing the design edge sounds interesting and exciting.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Beautiful piece! And I'm so glad you're feeling better! That didn't sound like fun, I must say.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I agree...lovely color, balance and value here. Always good to have projects stacked up waiting for a choice.
Also glad you are feeling better with your sinus procedure.
I love the fall too!

Marybeth said...

You sound full of pep and energy!! Can't wait to see what comes next!!

Jacki Long said...

So glad you are feeling better and ready to "rumble"! ♥

jenclair said...

Oooh, new ideas for stitching projects! Glad you are feeling better, Connie!