Friday, July 8, 2016

The Sky, So Far

This is what I've completed thus far on my homage to the sky.  That dark blur on the right side is BeeGee's tail on the wag.  Size at this point is 18 x 12 inches.

I feel discombobulated -- so much craziness happening in the world, everywhere.  I don't know how to hold it, how to embrace it all as just what's so.  It feels as though the air is filled with tension.

I've put my handwoven fabrics On Sale at Etsy -- 15 percent off through July 20.

Have a peaceful weekend.

5 comments:

Jan said...

I love your Homage to the Sky...I find it soothing. I don't think there is any way to hold what's going on in the world. I don't even want to hear/see more than headlines, which to me are bad enough. I know that my reaction is at least partly because of my situation.

Most of the time I am overwhelmed by horrible current events and need to refocus on the present moment, to stay in the day-to-day.

xxj

jenclair said...

I, too, find Homage to the Sky soothing. It has been one thing after another, hasn't it?

Jacki Long said...

It is so beautiful Connie, I agree with Jan & ken lair ... Soothing is a perfect description.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Wonderful shades of blue and their placement is stunning. Big reminder for me of that place at dawn when there is still a hint of the night sky...yet new day and promise!!

john said...

I hope you sell out. Your work is just amazing!