Friday, July 22, 2016

Patch Works

I've made a few nine-patches on my new white piece this week.  I'm using a bit of color as well.  Planning something that could be as big as 27 x 27 inches, more of a cloth than a quilt although I'll likely quilt the top to a single-thickness backing fabric.  I actually don't know yet.  Just taking it one step at a time.

I also haven't yet decided whether I'll gather 36 nine-patches and then piece them together, or perhaps put a few together at the outset and build outward from there.  I'm just making patches at this point.

I continue to battle that allergy sinusitis I wrote about months back.  I suspect it became a sinus infection some weeks ago although I haven't had much in the way of typical infection symptoms.  I did get antibiotics for it earlier this week.  No significant change yet.  I'm taking amoxicillin but may have to go to something stronger if this doesn't knock out the infection.  It's been maybe 30 years since I've taken antibiotics for anything.  I'm also taking probiotics.

Some excellent recent reads ~~

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Jan said...

It's nice to see a shot of your workspace and nine patches. So sorry about your poor sinuses...I remember the one and only sinus infection I had and it was horrific.

I'm enjoying your posts. xxj

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I haven't had a sinus infection since 2008 or earlier... at that time, I got antibiotics, but a friend also encouraged me to get a neti pot... did that daily for quite awhile, and it seems to have done the trick. Hope your infection clears quickly... you've got lots to do there with all that wonderful fabric!

jenclair said...

Sinus infections can be serious! Hope you are on the mend, Connie.