Friday, June 24, 2016

Energy Rising

It's done!  This is the piece I've been working on for the last two weeks.  It is a representation of the chakras, the subtle energy centers in our bodies.  If you're not familiar with the chakras, this link has a really good description/explanation of them, including their color correspondences.

I've been working with my energy recently, meeting weekly with a friend who's been reading my chakras.  It has been quite illuminating.

A couple weeks ago in meditation, I had a vision of my lower chakras -- the root chakra (red), the sacral chakra (orange), and the solar plexus chakra (yellow) -- as being a cauldron heating my energy and sending it up into my heart chakra (green).  My opening heart was sending energy up into the throat chakra (turquoise/blue), the third eye chakra (indigo), and the crown chakra (purple), with energy also streaming down from my crown to my heart.  The resulting stitched piece, surrounded by squares of white/ivory fabrics representing white light, is the manifestation of my vision.

I had zero problems with my hands during the production of Energy Rising.  I've been using this arnica oil two to three times a day when I'm stitching or otherwise using my hands intensely, and I swear it works.

Energy Rising is composed of 115 inch-and-a-half squares of cotton fabrics (and a few pieces of silk), and measures 8 x 36 inches.

So...I guess I need to begin soon on that appliqued tree I mentioned a couple weeks ago.

Hope you all have a lovely summer weekend.  Blessings. 






 

13 comments:

jenclair said...

OMG -- beautiful work, Connie!

The Idaho Beauty said...

A fabulous piece that gets even better with explanation. Perhaps the best representation of chakras I've seen. Redundant to call it inspired. :-) This new fiber hand work you are doing is wonderful in its simplicity and color usage. I'm loving this phase of your creative journey.

Roberta Warshaw said...

Just lovely Connie! Wow!

Marybeth said...

Your choice of words/phraseology gave me chills as I read and looked at the piece. I can only imagine how you were feeling while doing the steps in creating this piece. It was nice to read that your hands were pain-free. Nice work!!

Meg Weaves said...

What a lovely piece, Connie. And great that your life is in a good place now.

KAM said...

Connie, Your work has always spoken to me; this latest part of your journey is amazing and quite wonderful, indeed. Each piece is filled with wonderful stitches, color and design. Love is a much used word, but totally expresses what my heart feels when I see this work.
Kristin

Jacki Long said...

Exquisite is what came to me as I studied this beautiful piece, Connie!
You certainly deserve all the good, so happy for you.

Anna H said...

Oh Connie, what a beauty! Your work is impeccable, and the added beading is just the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing, and I am glad your hands did not bother you, maybe it was the piece you were working on emanating healing energy......Anna

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Stopped by this beauty...everything about this piece is beautiful. The embroidery, beads, color composition and the most beautiful is the chakra journey. This is an inspired piece and your stitching is perfection!
I use what is called arnicare a gel but it sounds like you have the real thing in using the oil.
Looking forward to your next project!

Angie said...

Oh.My.Goodness! I am in love with this piece!!! It calls to me so loudly that it must be time for me to do some more Chakra work...

Sandra Rude said...

Love it! Good work, Connie.

Charlton Stitcher said...

How beautiful this is! Hand stitch, beadwork, wonderful colour and a fascinating explanation - thank you so much for sharing.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Ahhh, Connie. Of course, I would say that I just LUV the fact that you're working with fabric and stitch again. So beautiful. And glad to hear that you are having good results with your attention to healing. Looking forward to stopping by more often now that life is settling down.