Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Year of Living Differently

Acrylics and paper on stretched canvas, 6 x 6 inches
My year has started off with a bang.  I've been on a creative roll since before the holidays and it feels excellent.  Still taking my time, but finished work does add up little by little.

This is a small piece, 6 x 6 inches, that I love.  From mid-December.

I'm doing things differently this year.  Small things, but they too add up.  Mostly it's about things becoming too costly to do the way I used to do them, financially, physically and emotionally, so I'm looking for new ways and new options.  No need for specificity here.  Except to say, I can work with whatever life throws at me.

I haven't set goals or a word-for-the-year in many years.   Life seems to be better when I don't.  I do have intentions, however, for what I want to do with my life this year, how I want to live.  In short, what qualities I am focusing on bringing into or developing further in my life.

Have a blessed January.  Peace.

13 comments:

Maggi said...

Lovely Connie. I really like the textured background too.

Dori Singh said...

Very nice!

Cathy in gorgeous Sonoma County said...

Wonderful texture on this piece!

Jacki Long said...

Great texture, text and nature ...
totally great! I love it, Connie! ♥

Peggy Lynn said...

Wise woman.

Jeannie said...

Love the texture and of course, the bird. You are so wise. I do not make resolutions, pick a word, or even set goals. I float. I realized a long time ago to let go of the notion that I can control what is thrown my way. I can control my response. Wishing you a beautiful new year filled with love, laughter, and creativity.

Jan said...

:-)

Pamela Gerard said...

Sounds like an excellent start to a new year - and love your piece up top of the post. Happy new year!

jenclair said...

I envy you your creative roll! My year has started off with little creative activity--but I'm accustomed to the ebb and flow. I did set a couple of goals this year. One is watch my tendency to complain about irrelevant things. Not that I expect perfection, but I do hope to become more conscious of the habit!

I love the texture behind the bird and the inclusion of text.

CatieAn said...

I love your art piece. The texture and the contrast are lovely. I am with you I have the ideas I want to achieve in this new year but have not committed them to paper.

tms95304 said...

Great bird collage. Since it's turquoise, I like it anyway, but the texture is great and the fact that the whole piece isn't perfectly sharp gives it a neat look. Nice one.
I see that it's going to show me as one of my work addys but this is Leslie in Tracy, screwing off looking at blogs when she should be working!

john said...

The bird looks like it will take flight any second! :-)

Photo Editing Company said...

Creative art piece. I love your blog, I enjoyed so much watching your posts. I love the texture as well as the background. Keep posting and sharing your work. Thank you.