Sunday, November 1, 2015

Turning Over a New Leaf

Acrylics, pencil, handmade paper on stretched canvas, 10 x 10 inches
I actually have started painting again -- three pieces since my last post.  This here is one of them.

I'm challenging myself to do something every day, to at least work on a piece each day.  We'll see how long this lasts.

Once I break the ice, then I'm good to go, until I stop for one reason or another.

Once again the "heavy" rain we were supposed to get on the North Coast has all but fizzled out.  Of course the day's not over yet, so who knows.  But the last few forecasted rains have been more like the sky spitting for a few minutes.  There's still the El Nino prediction for BIG rains here from January through March or April.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

If you didn't see/read last Wednesday's post and you're a fountain pen geek, I'm having a giveaway.  Go here to enter.  Drawing this coming Wednesday.  xx

7 comments:

MegWeaves said...

Same here as regards the rain. We're supposed to have a cool and dry summer. Since early October the soil has been dry and sandy, which usually doesn't happen until late Dec/Jan. Too early.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

"The sky spitting for a few minutes"! I love that! Perfect description, it was.

I also like this piece, which reminds me of roads and maps...

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Here's hoping the rains come for you this season, and for the whole state.

jenclair said...

Yea, for painting again, Connie! Doing something (creative) each day is the best kind of commitment!

Charlton Stitcher said...

The colours are lovely here ... Good luck with the 'doing something every day', though I bet like me even if you don't put brush to canvas each day you're thinking and evolving towards things. The artistic eye goes deep into the soul and never stops I think ... This helps me not to feel guilty when my resolve to work a little bit each day fails, as it inevitably does!

Pamela Gerard said...

Oh yes -- very lovely colors here -- I am catching up on the posts I missed while traveling.

Maggi said...

I really like the way that the pathway draws you in to the piece.