Sunday, November 22, 2015

Surprise!

Acrylics and handmade paper on canvas panel, 8 x 8 inches
I had a big surprise on Friday morning, when a sweet young man knocked on my door and said he had a table for me -- the table that wasn't supposed to be here until next Tuesday!  How often does that happen?

So I'm all set up again in my newly-put-together studio.  I love this table -- it was a terrific investment, and it actually didn't cost very much.

The early arrival, though, did set my recovery from a small head cold back by a couple days.  I haven't been sick at all in three years, but this cold will be fully gone in a day or two.

Before I got sick early last week, I thought about going to a free community Thanksgiving dinner in Fortuna on Thanksgiving.  But have since decided against it.  Living as reclusively as I do, it's easy to forget that most people are sick with one thing or another half the time.  I typically spend Thanksgiving alone anyhow, so this year will be like previous Thanksgivings -- just another Thursday, albeit one on which to feel more grateful than usual perhaps. 

The little painting above was done close to a year ago.  Just a fun little thing with acrylics and handmade papers on a canvas panel.  

If you missed last Wednesday's post, I'm having a giveaway for a textile postcard.  Here's a link to that post.

See you Wednesday.  Peace and blessings.

14 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

One great looking work table and you have it organized to perfection! I like the light set up!
Sounds like a feel good and grateful Thanksgiving! I will do something similar and bake a once a year pumpkin pie!

Dori Singh said...

Love your space

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Congrats on your beautiful new work table -- looks great! Sorry to hear about the cold, though. I told V. that this year I want to celebrate Thanksgiving the way we did many years ago in the UK -- that is, not celebrate it at all! I think he's coming around to my way of thinking... :-) Whatever you wind up doing or not doing, I hope you have a good one.

layers said...

How happy for you.. a new studio table... yay!

Charlton Stitcher said...

Love that work table - very practical and easy to use by the look of it ... And you can't ask much more of a table!

Anna H said...

Sorry you are feeling not up to par, but I'm sure that new table gave you a boost! It looks like a great work space, and you have it beautifully, very conducive to creating....Anna

Anna H said...

meant to say beautifully set up!

Leslie said...

Always so fun to see other people's art spaces. Table looks nice and sturdy, and I think all those movable lights are a good idea.
I'm in the middle of a brutal head cold. Can't wait for it to depart.

Rayna said...

Love and hugs and happy Thanksgiving. You have much to be thankful for, this year. Enjoy your day of solitude and feel better soon.
xo
R.

Pamela Gerard said...

Connie -- once again I am catching up on my blog reading. Your studio space looks great -- cozy and organized. I spend my holiday with my sweetie but we are going to a movie and having a martini afterwards and getting catch-out -- and I hope to squeeze in some studio and reading time as well...so Happy Holiday to you -- may it be cozy and peaceful and nice in your studio. xo

Jeannie said...

Your new table is gorgeous! I am so excited for you. I love how you have it set up - everything handy and visable. We could spend turkey day together-virtually. Our's is pretty low key and pretty much like any other day. I do cook, but only the basics and of course, my FIL pumpkin pie for Carl. Hope the cold vanishes and you spend hours at the new workhorse of a table. xo

Margaret Cooter said...

What a welcoming workspace! It's an inspiration...

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the table, looks like it will last for a long time! We got the cold going around too... first time in years. I'm almost completely over, and Bruce is close behind. I think the sudden temperature drop did it for us here.
BTW, love the painting! Is that rain coming down? ;-)
As for Thanksgiving, for the 3rd year now, I will not be cooking. We have friends who will be meeting us at a local restaurant. As many years as I spent cooking and cleaning for a crowd, I much prefer this! I hope you have a peaceful and happy day of thanksgiving! <3

john said...

I love seeing your work space. I wish mine were as tidy. You are giving me inspiration to clean and tidy up. :-)