|Acrylics on canvas panel, 12x16 inches|
Spent a week or two a few weeks back previewing a variety of acrylic texture gels and pastes, for my own edification. Most of what I created I subsequently didn't like -- in fact, I threw out two panels that were unrecoverable after slathering them with a number of different gels/pastes, following to the T one of Golden's demo videos. Yucky mess.
This painting isn't any of that. I did this a couple months ago.
Before I go any further, I want to welcome back a handful of readers who got dropped from my in-house email list way back in September 2014, when I switched email programs from Windows Mail (no longer existent) to Mozilla Thunderbird. This only came to my attention last weekend...so I manually added them again. My apologies to those of you in this group.
The winner of last week's giveaway has been notified. Thanks to all who entered.
This week's giveaway is a fountain pen duo. The one on the left is a Platinum Preppy from Japan, medium nib, that uses cartridges. It comes with a couple extra cartridges. The pen on the right is a Jinhao from China, and it has a converter so you can use any ink you want. This one is also a medium nib. Additional cartridges for the Preppy are available at JetPens.
To enter the drawing, either leave me an email here, or include your email address in the body of your comment to this post. I'll do a drawing on Wednesday October 14 and I'll email the winner directly.
I haven't read any novels in the last couple months, but I've seen some cool stuff via Netflix or online.
- Silk -- Brit legal drama from a couple years ago (I streamed it but it's also available at Netflix)
- Gerhard Richter Painting -- documentary on Richter's life and painting
- The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- John Adams -- HBO miniseries
- The Wrecking Crew -- documentary about studio musicians from the 50s, 60s & 70s
- Patrik, age 1.5 -- heartwarming Swedish film
- The Salvation -- Danish western in America
Have a good week. Thanks for reading. Blessings.