Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Time Marches On...

Acrylics on canvas panel, 12x12 inches
Halfway through 2015 already...and now we're into the quicker-moving half.  Remember when a year felt like a lifetime, when we were kids?  Now the weeks fly by.  Once a month I'm in Eureka now, yet it feels like merely a couple of weeks between trips. 

Anyhoo, this is a painting a really like, done for 8 Great Paintings lesson 5, 12 x 12 inches on canvas panel.  I really like working on hard flat surfaces, like panels.  Although the better-quality canvases (Blick Premier), which I'm buying these days, are a big improvement over the cheaper stretched canvases (some of which I still have left over from my art quilting days that I'm slowly using up).

Of the several movies watched recently, my two favorite were Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, which I thought was surprisingly great, and Welcome, a French movie about a Kurdish refugee trying to swim the English Channel.  Netflix recently got The Bridge Season 2, which I'll soon be watching.  This is the Danish-Swedish crime drama that I saw the first season of recently.

Other than that, it's pretty quiet on the western front.  Gray cloudy mornings, warm sunny afternoons, and not much change in sight.  It's all good.  xx

10 comments:

Jacki Long said...

I love this work Connie,
in every way, just stunning!

Gail Baar said...

I do too!

Jeanne Aird said...

I really like this one Connie. It makes me think of a tornado touching down. Probably because there's been so many tornadoes this year, they are on my mind. Good color choices, movement and repetition. How do you hang a panel when your done? I like the hard surface, but stretched canvases are so easy to hang when done.

ileneharris said...

Seems Dr. Seusslike to me. Probably the stripes. It is interesting to see how others interpret the same artwork...

john said...

All I can say is that I agree, this piece is fantastic! It feels so calming to me.

Maggi said...

I love this piece, the stripes work so well. Enjoy The Bridge 2, it is another great series.

Jan Ward said...

I really like this piece Connie. The word that comes to mind is - intersection. Your path, the clickity clack stripe with opportunities to take the soft road to the left or direct route to the right.

We are having California weather here and reacting with an uncertain 'state' of being. Did someone say it's the 'whine' country of the north? Most are exhausted from hurrying to do things whole the sunshine's. To our surprise is has gone on and one. Thus the whining for one rainy day.

Jan said...

I do really like this, too. Brava! I'm so happy that you share your work.

Capt. Phillips is on my queue--must add the other.

Hugs.

jenclair said...

I'm always impressed at the way you use lines and marks in your work. I love this one both for the lines and the colors!

Charlton Stitcher said...

I've been away from your blog for far too long ... I love this cool yet complex painting with all its fine detail.