Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy Accident

Acrylics on canvas panel, 9x12 inches
I'm calling this painting Storm at Sea.  Although as a rule I haven't been naming my paintings...at least not yet.

About ten days ago a happy accident happened in my big studio.  I was tinkering with the legs on the far end of my work table when I unintentionally disengaged them.  The table fell on that end and nearly everything on the table slid right off the top ~ shelves, books, supplies, all of it.  What was left on the table I had to take off the top in order to fix it.  A friend came to the rescue and helped me do just that.

Well now that the whole megillah was disassembled, I could clean everything before setting everything back up again.

And that led to my cleaning the entire house this past couple days, which is something it sorely needed.  It had been maybe four years since I did the last deep clean.  Maybe I'll move before I have to do it again.  Cleaning isn't my strong suite these days, although the house sure looks nice and I sure feel great now that it's done.

Have a great week!  xx


11 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Happy accidents are good things! xox

Emma said...

I need a happy accident too, too much stuff everywhere & I can't see anything. Love the painting in your last post.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Cleaning not my strong suit either. Rather embarrassing when the movers come and remove those things that one never does due to size or weight or just a sense of why bother. Having moved so often, I know this well! ;-) So here's my thing about housework - yes, it is so lovely when one does do the more deep cleaning thing, but it stays that way for such a short time, unlike some of the other major projects we might undertake - like painting a room. I demand that houses be modified to quit churning out dust and dirt when we're not looking!

Pamela Gerard said...

Yeah--who actually likes to clean? But it is nice to have things all cleaned up -- looks great. Happy Sunday!

Sandra Rude said...

Love the painting - just enough color to jazz up the monochrome.

MegWeaves said...

Oh, I LOVE this painting. And good job cleaning up!! (Not my strong suite, either.)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I love a clean swept work table...my table top is down to a small square work space and it won't be long before I must tackle the 'clean-up'.

Els said...

I also need to do some house cleaning ... but ha, ha, ha, I don't intend to tip the table Connie !

Jan said...

I know about how good it feels after cleaning...but it doesn't motivate me. :-(

Congrats on the clean surface and the chance to start again with that surface. I love "Storm at Sea"!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Yeah... cleaning is not where it's at for me either. I do it when the dirt starts to really bug me, but I will never qualify for a "Susie Homemaker" award! Actually, my studio is probably one of the cleaner rooms in the house, mainly because I don't like clutter when I'm trying to create. Sure glad you weren't hurt when the table top and everything else came down!

Maggi said...

I'm not a great one for cleaning, unless someone is coming to visit! I do hope that BeeGee wasn't on that table when it collapsed!