Monday, June 8, 2015

Blue Monday

Collage on painted background, 8x8" on matte board
Make that "blue sky" Monday, real summer weather on the North Coast.

I have a couple of paintings in process as we speak.  Meanwhile, I completed a number of small projects last week ~ those recent postcards, that woven shibori piece, a bunch of envelopes for mail art, mending an eco dyed shirt with a scrap of eco dyed fabric.  Doesn't seem like all that much, but it's taken me many weeks to do those projects.

It's truly difficult for me to imagine how I did so many things in prior years, before I retired.  I squeezed in as much creativity as possible in non-work time, because I simply had to in order to stay sane.  And the many years I felt compelled to make as much as I could because I was still trying to make some part of a living at my art.

Now, just being alive ~ taking things as they come, taking care of myself, BeeGee, our home, small as it might be, meditating, not rushing through everything ~ takes up the better part of my days.

Have a great week.  May it be peaceful, simple, relaxing.  xx

6 comments:

ileneharris said...

I hope to see this one in peron. Love the colors, the circles - along with those reflected in the dots - it's all serene and calming...

Jacki Long said...

Beautiful Connie, a lovely composition.
And, thanks for your kind comments. ♥

MegWeaves said...

Could it mean you're not compelled to prove to yourself something that was lacking in your (working) life? Could it be that you're in such a good place you can really relax?

Maggi said...

I love the colours and composition of this one. Glad you feel that you are in a good enough place that you don't feel the need to meet deadlines with your art.

Leslie said...

By itself that blue paper with white polka dots would make me twitch but I quite like it in this collage. So it's like the real estate folks say, I guess - location, location, location! And the 3 rough black circles are perfect. Good one, Connie.

tgarrett said...

I so get what you were saying- How on earth I taught art full time (often seeing 185 kids a day) and making lots of art and having 2 or more shows a year- not anymore. I like to work on what I feel like- and have a show one every few years. This painting is wonderful Connie.