Friday, April 24, 2015

Y-E-S

Art Journal collage, March 2015
On Tuesday, my wireless modem/router started to fail.  On Wednesday I ordered a new one from AT&T, it arrived late yesterday, and I was back online in less than 30 minutes.  That was the least painful tech upgrade I've ever experienced.

Earlier this year I debated whether or not to drop at-home wireless internet, because, of course, the cost keeps going up (as does everything else).  But I've decided against dropping it.  It is my lifeline to the world after all as well as being my one-and-only telecom expense.

I haven't yet but am still planning to do a second painting for the last lesson of Layer Love 2.0.  The background is finished, I've just had other things going on this week.

Yesterday I read a great spy novel, A Foreign Country by Charles Cumming.  I loved it.  I'll read all of his other books now.  I love finding new-to-me authors on the New Arrivals shelves at the library.  The last bunch I picked out were all great books ~ including The Night of the Comet by George Bishop, which I read just before the Cumming book.  Next to read is Naomi Klein's non-fiction This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate

I've got that art show in Redway tomorrow, then nothing on my agenda until my next trip into Eureka on Tuesday, May 5.  I've finally got it down to where I only have to go into town once a month.  I'm just stocking up on basic grocery items monthly, and buying organic produce at Safeway in Fortuna.  Interestingly, Safeway's organic produce is cheaper and better than the produce I used to buy at Eureka Natural Foods.  Although I still go to ENF monthly for stuff I can't get at Winco or Costco.  Although I've also been buying some non-perishables from Amazon.com, because they're cheaper, there's no shipping cost, and they're delivered to my door.  So there's everything you probably didn't need to know about my food shopping habits.

Hope you have a great weekend.  See you on Monday.  xx

9 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I think you should start a "living Frugally" blog! You have got it down! Some great ideas!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice collage, like the black and white. I think Roberta is right, a frugal living blog. xox

Els said...

Love the black-and-whites
(a bit of Keith ?)

Jacki Long said...

I always love your collages!
Thanks for your kind comments too.

ileneharris said...

Love the YES!

Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy and have fun.

Let me know how you do...

Margaret Cooter said...

Some things can be done without - but internet, no! It truly is a lifeline to the world.

Charlton Stitcher said...

The black and white is full of impact - lovely! And,yes, the internet is a vital lifeline and probably saves you money in the long run. How would you order vital stuff from Amazon without it?!

john said...

I just love black and white...great use of it.

Peggy Lynn said...

I have a Verizon Hot Spot which costs $50.08 a month and travels with me wherever I go so I have a secure connection...5GB of data a month and I hardly ever use all of it. Is that better than what you pay for?