Monday, April 27, 2015

Great Weekend

Acrylics and vintage papers on canvas panel, 11x14"
I had a great weekend.  I was in Redway (in southern Humboldt) on Saturday at the 7th Annual Artists of the Emerald Coast show.  It was a fun afternoon/evening, I sold two art quilts, reconnected with some old friends, a few of whom I hadn't seen in 15 years or more, met several new artists, and was home again by 9pm.  I was also approached to do a couple other shows or exhibits down there later this year.

Yesterday I did this painting, my last for Layer Love 2.0.  I also did some yard work and several other things around the house, then watched the last two episodes of The Bridge Season 1.  That was a great program ~ can't wait until Netflix gets the second season.

It's finally really spring here on the North Coast ~ at least this week anyway.

I'm a happy camper.  Life is sweet.  Hope you, too, have a great week.  xx

6 comments:

ileneharris said...

Wonderful news all aound!

Pamela Gerard said...

That is nice to hear!

Jan said...

Great! So nice to sell quilts when you've detached from all that. and more shows, and seeing old friends, and meeting new artists. What a joy!

Yes, life is sweet.

Charlton Stitcher said...

What a great weekend you had! Selling work is always a joy. I looked up the Emerald Coast too - it looks a lovely area. And that painting is fascinating. I especially like the right hand half with its contrasting marks and the 'ladder' form going almost from top to bottom.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Nice to sell some work and see old friends and re-connect. xox

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Congrats on the sales and potential opportunities to come! Terrific!

By the looks of the painting, I'd say that you have the layering technique down well. It has a particularly nice balance and rhythm to it.

I actually liked the second series of The Bridge more than the first. I hope you get to see it!