Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Art on Walls

Acrylics & vintage papers on canvas panel, 11x14 inches
This is my first piece for Lesson 11 ~ 11 x 14 inches on canvas panel.  Quite a bit different from the two I did for the prior lesson.  Chris and Julie have distinct methods of applying and working with paint, and I'm glad to be learning varying styles.

~~~~~

Recently I've been noticing some really wonderful abstract contemporary art on the walls in TV programs I follow.  Many of those programs are European, but nice art on walls doesn't exclude American shows.  In a few cases I've wished the character would move out of the way so I could get a better view of the art.

I'm guessing either the art is a function of something like product placement, where advertisers wordlessly but meaningfully place their products on or in TV programs and movies.  Or perhaps the art is created expressly to be positioned in programs.  Whatever the case, I find this quite interesting, and the contemporary art I've seen on TV has been really great.

3 comments:

Pamela Gerard said...

Very nice piece...do I see text on the under-layer? Lovely!

Maggi said...

I'm liking the colours intros. I just start to look at the walls more in TV programmes.

Charlton Stitcher said...

Lovely gentle colour with a hint of summer and warmth!
I too will look at the art on walls in TV programmes - not something I've really thought about before.