Monday, April 13, 2015

A Real Stretch

Acrylics and cheesecloth on canvas panel, 11x14 inches
This is my second piece for Lesson 9, another exercise in embedding onto canvas.  What I embedded here was cheesecloth.  I was anxious to try something with a lot of texture, something like fabric.  Turns out I didn't care for painting over the cheesecloth after all.  It did add a lot of nice texture, but it presented its own set of limitations on the canvas.  The thing for me is that I tried it.

Now we're on to two lessons working with flat collage materials on the substrate.  I'm looking forward to getting into these.

Hope you have a great week.  xx


5 comments:

MegWeaves said...

But I love this work! The color, the textures, the shapes, the proportions, the movement... And the painter.

Roberta Warshaw said...

I do love all the texture in this.

Meg Fowler said...

What didn't you like about the cheesecloth? It's wonderful! You got such fantastic texture and strong feeling in this piece! Love it!!!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fantastic texture. I love any fabric with gesso on it, it just get so easy to create creases and other wonderful marks to swipe with paint later. Nice color and mark making here. xox

Maggi said...

I really like the effects you have created with the cheesecloth