Friday, March 13, 2015

Two by Two

Two recent collages on painted backgrounds ~ the top one is 8 x 8 inches, the one below, 5 x 7 inches.  Both on matte board.  When I have paint left on my palette after a project, I like to paint backgrounds to do something else with later.

I bought the necessary Golden OPEN paint when I was in Eureka on Tuesday, and started the first lesson in Layer Love 2.0 yesterday.  I'm liking that OPEN paint, it moves quite differently than Fluid Acrylics. 

I watched Jersey Boys last night and really enjoyed it.  Also saw Whiplash recently (loved it), and a great biopic of Cesar Chavez.  All via Netflix.

Have a great weekend!  xo

8 comments:

Pamela Gerard said...

Nice work! Have a great weekend!

Els said...

Such lovely blues Connie !
Lóve the top one !!!

beatrice De said...

Turquoise in my favorite color ! So...

Regard from Switzerland ! Friend of Margaret.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the collages, and I also enjoyed Jersey Boys and Whiplash... thought J.K. Simmons did a great job playing a tyrant!

Rayna said...

Lovely pieces. I've stayed away from acrylics but the open acrylics sound like they have promise. May try them one day.

jenclair said...

Both are beautiful! I especially love the dots against the dark in the bottom piece!

john said...

You are a master with color! Just plain terrific!

Leslie said...

Quite like both of these, partially due to the colors, but also good composition.