Friday, March 6, 2015

News from the Left Coast

Art Journal Collage, March 2014
I enrolled in Layer Love 2.0 earlier this week.  While I'm awaiting some supplies that I need to get for the class, I'll be working in my neutrals collage journal.  Really looking forward to starting the class, but I do want to have the right supplies to get the full value out of the experience.  What I need is Golden OPEN Acrylics in two colors, plus a brush or two that I don't have.  I can wait, the class is paid for and will be there indefinitely.

That ZipBook I ordered from the library mid-last week arrived from Amazon on Tuesday.  Amazing turnaround.  Here's a link for more info on the ZipBook program.  From what I can tell, it's a demonstration project of the California State Library System for rural libraries, and has been running for several years.  I don't know whether other states have gotten on board yet or have any intention to, as the only info I could find by googling related to libraries within California.  So you'll have to check it out for yourselves.

Have a great weekend!  xo

6 comments:

Pamela Gerard said...

I just got the InterLink book from my library -- and it was fast too -- just how cool is that??? Happy Friday, Connie!

Sue Marrazzo said...

A REALLY NICE Post! all the best!

Jan said...

Have a fun time with your class!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I checked out the site and it looks like a great class...loved the energy of the two artists. I like that they are available for support and you can go at your own pace...have fun!

Maggi said...

Enjoy the class. It makes good sense to have all the supplies ready before you start

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sounds like your are really looking forward to the class. Enjoy it and the book. xox