Monday, February 16, 2015

Student Work

This is the painting I was working on last week.  It's 12 x 12 inches on canvas panel.  Although all my painting could be considered student work, or perhaps "painting practice" would be a better name for it, this piece in particular I'm referring to as "student work" because it is somewhat of a replication of a step-by-step project taught by Julie Pritchard in her book, Acrylic Solutions, co-authored by Chris Cozen.  It is their online class, Layer Love 2.0, that I plan to take soon.

My birthday is this week, and I have several meal dates with friends set up over the next couple of weeks.  It's not an especially noteworthy year, 66, but I'm feeling more upbeat than usual for this time of year.  That feeling is difficult to describe other than to say that perhaps my vibration is attuned to a higher pitch than previously.  I'm even looking forward to spring this year (shoot, it essentially already IS spring in northern California), whereas in prior years I looked forward with dread to longer days...being that I am constitutionally a "fall" person.

My 7th Blogging Anniversary passed in mid-January without my making note of it.  And now I'm in my eighth year of having an ongoing online presence.  Thanks to all of you, worldwide, for being with me on this journey ~ art and life!  xo

15 comments:

Pamela Gerard said...

OoOooooo hhhh noooooooo i think i forgot to write down the date of your birthday! I better get BUSY!!!
xo have a wonderful week and wonderful birthday.
Nice artwork too......
xoxoxoxo

Jan said...

Oh! I remembered that you have a BD this month...but worried that I'd missed it because I am so preoccupied and busy w/ quilt show stuff!

Happy birthday and I will celebrate you after the show in the best way I can from this distance.

xo

MegWeaves said...

Happy belated!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice moody piece, loving the layers. Have a wonderful birthday celebrating with friends. xox

Jacki Long said...

Congratulations on your blogging 7 years, I am far behind you, but look up to you. And, Happy Birthday, as I remember 66 is a very good year! ;o)

john said...

WOW! Blogging for that much time is really an accomplishment. Congratulations! Spring is very close to being in Washington State as well. The daffodils are telling me so. :-)

Leslie said...

Love the painting. Looks like an old building to me. Happy Birthday!

Sandra Rude said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

Sweetpea said...

Art AND life, I'll toast that one .... and your birthday ... and your anniversary! Best wishes, glad you're still out here ;>]

Dori Singh said...

Hey, hope you have a fantastic birthday! xo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! You sound in good spirits and ready for an online class. I'm glad I found you in this mix...and many posts going forward!
I like this piece, I especially like the window.

Jan Ward said...

Happy Birthday! Can you hear me over the frogs chirping and the birds singing? It is definitely spring and I am grateful - I missed the light. May you have a great new year!

Rhonda H said...

Happy Birthday and blogging anniversary! Love your paintings, student or otherwise... you have a wonderful way with colors and textures! Been a fan for a long time and now that I am retired, finding new stuff even in your older blog posts that I had missed when I didn't have time to read blogs... like blog Christmas all over again! Have a wonderful week!

jenclair said...

I love this one! Welcome to a great year--I'm enjoying 66!

Maggi said...

Have a great year and just keep on doing whatever makes you feel good.