Thursday, February 19, 2015

No One Special To Be

Acrylics on canvas, 8 x 10 inches
I began this piece when I painted my recent 20 x 20 inch canvas, and finished it earlier this week.  And now that the busyness of the last few days is over, I plan to get back to painting...and the chiropractor later today.

Had a good birthday yesterday ~ but I'm always glad when the day has passed and I can get on with life.  As much as I love all the good wishes, I prefer to hang out in the mind-state of being referred to as "no one special to be."  So now I can go back to that place, as much as I am able to on a moment by moment and day to day basis.

Speaking of that place of not being anyone special, yesterday was my five month anniversary of daily meditation.  Twice a day, and often three times daily, I meditate.  It is its own practice.  I'm not trying to get anywhere, not trying to become anyone other than who I am, not striving to change anything about my life or the world as it is.  Just aiming to be present.  The practice is its own reward.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

More good colors and I like the trails of white dots. These definitely look undersea-ish to me. Is that intentional?

john said...

Absolutely a great choice in colors. I also like your choice in line both horizontal and vertical.

letterlover said...

Love your art piece! Congratulations on your five month anniversary of daily meditation!! That is fantastic. Daily meditation ROCKS. It is this world's best kept secret.

Maggi said...

Lovely movement in this piece.

Sue Marrazzo said...

So Beautiful

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love your painting, agree with liking to have a normal schedule (always has been preferable to me!). Have tried off and on over the years to do meditation, and I'm a dismal failure at being able to sit and empty my mind. But living out here away from the hustle and bustle of 'civilization', I do have moments when I stop and watch a hawk circling, or enjoy the clouds floating overhead... best I can do, but I'll take it!

Michele Unger said...

I love your painting, Connie. I, too, often learn by "copying" an artist whom I admire. It's a long standing method of learning our craft. Besides, it's fun!