Friday, February 13, 2015

Just Stopping By...

Acrylic on matte board, 8 x 8 inch, February 2015
Just a quick update.  I'm working on a 12 x 12 inch painting, have been slowly working it all week.  Mostly, though, I've been reading and resting my back, which has been acting up this week.

The best thing I've read lately, and I'm nearly finished with it is, is The Water Children by Anne Berry.  Although it's relatively new (2011), it must be out of print because the only versions available at Amazon are Kindle versions...except a new hardbound edition from Amazon Marketplace for $168!  My copy is from the library.  Anyhow, most everything else I've "tried" to read in the last few weeks has been a dud, with the exception of The Long Way Home, Louise Penny's latest Inspector Gamache book, and the last Lynley I read, A Traitor to Memory.  Oh well.  Win some and lose some.

Hope you have a great weekend!  xo

7 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh rest up. We are in for more snow. I've a book to send off but will have to wait till after this weekends snow storm and we dig out from another foot+ again. xox

Quilt or Dye said...

Love the painting. Take care of yourself!

john said...

I love the colors that you used and I am very partial to anything that goes off the boundaries. Feel better!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Love those blues.

Charlton Stitcher said...

Wow - what impact - lovely bold colours and simple shapes!
... And The Water Children sounds a great read - have just ordered it for my Kindle. Thanks for the recommendation.

Leslie said...

Good colors, I like the fading green of the background and that one ring of yellow. Nice.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I really like this one. It's moody and intriguing. I keep wanting to stare at it!

Sorry to hear about the back, though! #@%$& to that!