Monday, February 2, 2015

Handwoven Fabric

The other black fabric is different from this one -- see the PDF!
At the end of my brief weaving career, I wove plain-woven or patterned fabrics that I had intended to use for surface design.  That was years ago, and as you know, I'm well beyond surface designing on fabric these days.  So I decided to sell the eight pieces of handwoven fabric that I never used.

If you work with cloth or on cloth ~ i.e. if you do surface design, dyeing, discharging (for the black fabric), shibori, or even hand stitching ~ you may want to add working with handwoven fabric to your repertoire. 

There are two black pieces available (cotton and/or cotton/tencel) and six white/natural pieces, some cellulose fibers, some silks.  I created a PDF with one fabric per page, along with fiber content, size and price ~ HandwovenFabric ~ on Google Drive.  Anyone can open the link.  The PDF is large and takes a moment to load; the first page will come up right away and the rest will load a few seconds after.  Be patient!

My email is at the top of each page of the PDF.  Email me to purchase ~ and please let me know which page #/fabric name you're interested in.  Sales through PayPal.  Shipping is additional and will depend on how many pieces you order and where you're located.

Please feel free to share this link with your friends.  Thanks very much!

These aren't the actual fabrics available for sale -- see the PDF!

5 comments:

ileneharris said...

Pretty fabric, Connie. Hard to let go of it, but rewarding and freeing at the same time. I clicked on the link and saw the first one, but wasn't sure how you get to the others. I know that I am technically and spatially "challenged" at times, but wonder if someone else had the same issue...

Jan said...

Beautiful fabrics....so tempting.

Maggi said...

Wonderful textures.

john said...

You are one talented person, Connie Rose! Love the fabrics.

jenclair said...

Beautiful creations! Sorry I've been so long in responding to the lovely postcard you sent, but I love the way you use stamps and have it hanging in my studio! Thanks for sending me such a great example of your mail art!