Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Late Start

Collage Painting, 8x8 inches, February 2015
Geez I got a late start this morning.  Often I'll wake up really early, read for a while, then go back to sleep.  I didn't wake up the 2nd time until 9:45 this morning.  Then I had to restart my computer 3 times before Firefox would load.

Anyhoo...I've been painting and/or collaging every single day.  Even if it's just a little bit, that's something.  Usually, though, that little something turns into more time later in the day.

I completed this little painted collage yesterday.  Really liking how it turned out.  This is on 8 x 8 inch matte board.  A friend recently send me matte board cut-outs from her hubby's photography.  They're a dream to paint on.

Two views of my studio table these days.  Intimate.  And I'm wanting to do some bigger work, although 20 x 20 is as big as I can manage in my tiny space.  


These two images show a comparison of Golden Fluid Matte Medium (top) and Golden Glazing Liquid (below).  Everything else is the same ~ matte board substrate, same brush, same colors.  The glazing liquid is more "open" than the fluid medium, although they're both the same viscosity.  "Open" means the paint/medium takes longer to dry, consequently the colors are more easily blended.  I actually like them both.  They're just different.

3 comments:

Pamela Gerard said...

Your studio looks very cozy! Hope you will be snug in the expected rain tomorrow. And I love the way those two pieces on the bottom look. Got your fab postcard stamp head today -- thanks!

Maggi said...

I like the green piece and both versions of the second have their own unique qualities.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Really like what you're doing here! And the comparison is very interesting. It's been a long while since I painted, and looking at the matte medium got me thinking... maybe some day I'll give it another try!