Monday, January 26, 2015

Two Red Squares

Acrylic on hot press watercolor paper, 7 inches square

Acrylic on cold press watercolor paper, 9 inches square
These two paintings began as red squares early last year.  I finished them over the weekend.  Originally there were four red squares ~ the other two got tossed after several layers.  Moving on.

But taking it slowly.  Now that I'm making art on a more regular basis again, my neck and back have been bothering me again.  No worries ~ I've got the rest of my life to explore with paint and collage, and I'll just continue taking things one day at a time.

Short and sweet.  Have a great week.  And warm wishes and blessings for those on the East Coast as Juno blows through. 

8 comments:

ileneharris said...

Love the red peeking through
When the old becomes the new...

Jan said...

I especially like the second one--I like this motif in your work. Love the colors!

Charlton Stitcher said...

These are both lovely - but for me it's the bottom piece that really sings. The contrasting textures and the colours are fantastic!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nothing better than a hot shot of red in the winter. Nice work. Feel better. I will be loving my chiropractor after this storm that's for sure. xox

Jacki Long said...

I love both, and see our love of dots peeking through.
Mailed a card to you today. ♥

Jeanne Aird said...

They are both fabulous! Love that turquoise in the top one along with the orange and the rhythm of the black line.

Michele Unger said...

Oooooooooooooohhhh, Connie! Those yummy textures and color. I love the depth you achieved in both of these. I'm sorry it irritated you neck and back. I hope you will continue to share your amazing artwork with us, no matter how slow and carefully you must make it to protect your body.

Maggi said...

Love the textures and colours. Do take care of yourself.