Monday, January 12, 2015

Last For Now

This is the last journal for this run, completed yesterday.  Believe it or not, when I began this journal roll in October, these book boards were the first I'd prepped...yet it was the last journal I made.  Funny how that goes sometimes.

I made another book with this fabric a couple years ago, and kinda wanted to do another one similar to the original.  The only things that are common between the two, though, are the fabric covering the boards and the fact that they're both in horizontal format.  

This journal is 4-1/2 x 7-1/4 inches, has 10 signatures, 160 pages, 9 pockets and 19 foldouts.  Sewn tapes with French link stitch.

So there you have it ~ the handmade book report...until I take it up again.  Meanwhile, onward.


12 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fabulous color flow and stitching. Like that green. xox

Dori Singh said...

impressive

tgarrett said...

Wow Connie- Nice- I am some impressed with stitching like that- not something I have had success with.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Wonderful!!!!

MegWeaves said...

So, now THIS is my favorite.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Love the green stitching. I have so much enjoyed seeing each journal since October...quite a run! I'm staying tuned to the next project, series...what shows up here on my screen!

john said...

I love that you were inspired and I love how you inspire me. Thank you.

Jacki Long said...

This is so beautiful Connie, like all of your work!
I just went to your etsy shop to see if you have offered any journals. But, I can understand how after such intense work, it would be difficult to sell.
But please keep me in mind if you do.
It's on my bucket list! ;o)

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

That green thread with the fabric looks great. And more French link! It looks wonderful. I do hope you will be making more books in the future.

Charlton Stitcher said...

Landscape format always appeals to me especially. I so much prefer it for a sketch book ... and the larger the better for sticking things in!
Now you've finished books for the time being, where will you go next I wonder? I will be watching with interest to see.

Maggi said...

Love the cover on this one, and the loose threads from the stitching. it all gels together so well.

beatrice De said...

You make me think of my london Canadian friend. She makes books experiments, in art school. Very nice feeling.
Hello from lausanne Switzerland.