Monday, January 19, 2015

Easing Into Things

Neutral Journal Collage, January 2015
Now that I've actually begun the next thing, I can say what it is ~ I'm painting again...although "working with paint" sounds less overwhelming to me than "painting" does.  Gelli plate printing is planned, as well.  I just want to work with paint now.  I actually fooled around with watercolors for a bit on Friday.

But I've also begun doing some collage again, and painted postcards and ATCs.

I'm going to take things slowly, I don't have an agenda, I'll just move between things as the mood strikes.

I recently finished In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner, another Inspector Lynley novel.  This one bogged down a bit for me and I thought perhaps I'd leave the series and move on.  But I'm just a few books away from Careless in Red, the very first of the Lynleys I read, that I'll likely just keep on, catch up, and then jump in front of Careless to finish the series.  I also read The Dead Season by Christobel Kent, which I loved.  Murder mystery in Florence with Italian P.I. Sandro Cellini.  Wish my library had more of the series.  I'm currently reading Good Bait by John Harvey.  He's written a ton of mysteries, including several series.

A while back I found a fab website called OrderOfBooks.com.  Just put in the name of the author you're looking for, and you'll get all his/her books by series, in order of date of publication.  It's been an awesome reference for me as I find new-to-me authors I want to follow.

We're in for some spring-like weather on the North Coast for the next week.  We haven't had much in the way of winter yet, this year.  Hoping for a lot more rain between early February and May, when our "rainy season" typically ends, but who knows.  The west's severe, deep drought may worsen yet.

Have a great week.  xo

5 comments:

Meg Fowler said...

Wow! Thanks LOADS for the book order website! I'll definitely be using this a lot!

Also glad to know you've decided to play with paint again. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Karen Isaacson said...

I've been "working with paint" again over the last few weeks and it's been really fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. You always inspire no matter what you're currently working with.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice tip on book order. Go with the flow, if paint is calling, paint away. Nice neutrals. xox

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

The pull to move color around and the desire to print ... good times at the work table! A special time to develop work, push through and get to the other side of experimentation...have a nice ride!

Charlton Stitcher said...

OrderofBooks sounds a great website - thanks for the tip
And great to hear you're 'working with paint again' ... I like that phrase - so much more free and open-ended than 'painting.