Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The World Out My Window

Collage Postcard from a while ago

One of you may have received this in the mail, for all I can remember.  Just checking in here, not much going on.  I have a bunch of papers and collages on my worktable ready to become a journal, and the book boards already covered with fabric for same.  I just haven't felt motivated in the last few days.  I've been reading an awful lot, though...but that's nothing new.  I might just read myself out of this year and into the next.

Just finished a book I enjoyed a lot, called The Good Father, by Noah Hawley.  Also recently finished In the Presence of the Enemy, another Inspector Lynley novel.  The last two in this series (including Playing For the Ashes) have been particularly good; I think the series is getting better overall.  Thanks to those of you who recommended I read it all.  Not long ago I watched the first BBC Inspector Lynley episode, and got bored with it.  I've seen them already, several years ago, but after reading the books, the TV episodes can't hold a candle to them.  Seeing actor Sharon Small as Sgt. Havers in my mind as I'm reading, though, is a good thing.

We're having rain on and off, and it's lovely.  So far this is shaping up to be a wet rainy season ~ sounds like a no-brainer, I know, but for the last several years we've had dry rainy seasons...i.e., no rain when we should have been having it.  So let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Have a good week.  xo

6 comments:

Jan said...

I watched the series reluctantly, and largely because of Nathaniel ?--can't remember his last name. Funny thing: I saw him in either Midsomer Murders or Morse--early days of both--and in the credits he was "Nat". Made me smile.

I like Sharon Small as an actor, but feel that she is too pretty, though they do put her in some frumpy clothes. Guess they didn't want to use an actor who fits the description in the book, though the Brits don't usually shy away from that.

Jan said...

I think a really strong and incongruous contrast between Lynley and Barbara would add some complexity. Maybe the ridiculous 1.5 hour for each book dictated that. Should have been a mini series.

That's it!

Jacki Long said...

I love this collage Connie, perfect!

Marybeth said...

The rain is good for the redwoods and for the soul. The year I left Arcata we had 69 inches of rain and bugs that I didn't recognize crawled out of who knows where. Those were the good ole days. Happy Holidays!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Glad you are getting useful rain and not flooding. I like the gal who plays Havers in the miniseries but you are right, mostly boring. I've got the newest but am having a hard time getting into it. I guess I read to many and I'd rather read something else at this point. Still loving the Scandinavians though. xox

Charlton Stitcher said...

Love that card ... After all, it's black and white! And the colours in the book in your last post are beautiful ... Missed in the mad rush to Christmas so great to catch up with them now.