Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Next Book

I covered this thin book with Gelli printed papers probably a couple years ago now.  Yesterday I made signatures and bound it, with my favorite two-section binding, the Lightning Bolt (see Keith Smith vol. 2).  Two-section binding means both signatures were sewn at the same time; the thread moves from one signature to the other on the outside of the cover, while moving vertically within each signature on the inside of the book.


This journal's stats ~ 10-1/2 x 7-1/2 inches, 9 pockets, two foldouts, 56 pages (2 signatures of 7 folios each).  I have another already-prepped cover, same size, that I'll be finishing off later this week, also with the Lightning Bolt stitch.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Cool stitch, one I haven't tried yet. These books are a great way to use up the piles of scrapbook paper that I just had to have and now never use lol. I like the colors in this one.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Ooh cool zig and zag. Lovely colors. xox

Jacki Long said...

Amazing, Connie!
You are prolific and talented = wow!
Can't fathom the process but ...
surely appreciate the outcome! Bravo!

Quilt or Dye said...

I love that binding!

Jan said...

You just keep hitting them out of the park! Another great book to put in your lovely library.
:-)

Maggi said...

Love this one and the binding is so effective.

Michele Unger said...

I love that lightning binding. I've never seen that before and it is so effective! What a fun book you've created. Wish I had time right now to bind a couple of journals....that'll come in January, I guess. You are inspiring me!

Charlton Stitcher said...

I love that binding - it's really eye-catching

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

These journals are so lovely ... the stitching is impeccable. I think keeping or using one of these journals would be an enriching daily experience ... places for thoughts, pockets for items so I can see why people are interested in buying.