Fourth of July Creek. It's amazingly good.
I've seen a number of excellent films and miniseries via Netflix recently, too ~
- Skin, with Sophie Okinedo, Sam Neill and Alice Krige
- Spider, with Ralph Fiennes, Miranda Richardson and Gabriel Byrne
- Iris, with Judi Dench, Kate Winslett, Hugh Bonneville and Jim Broadbent
- The Politician's Wife, with Juliet Stevenson
- The State Within, with Jason Issacs, Ben Daniels and Sharon Gless
- Albert Nobbs, with Glenn Close
- Buena Vista Social Club, documentary
- Finding Vivian Maier, documentary
- Tim's Vermeer, documentary
By and large, I prefer obscure films, many of them British or otherwise foreign. How do I find them? I peruse Netflix's offerings regularly and check the ratings. I stay away from mass-marketed movies unless the film has had really good reviews and/or I want to see the particular actors' work. The coming-soon trailers on the films I do watch nearly always have a couple of movies I want to see and I add those to my queue at Netflix. I've got over 100 films in my queue at the moment.
Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a good week. xo