Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Plain and Simple

I finished this journal today.  This the second one with a cover that I'd remodeled a couple years ago.

The book is 10 inches high by about 9 inches wide.  I decided to make it a plain journal, with all white pages except for the collages that form the outer folio of each of the two signatures.  There are 80 pages and four pockets.  I didn't want to add foldout extensions and a lot of other embellishments since the pages are so big to begin with and the book is so thin.  So this journal is plain and simple.

Last night I ripped apart a book I made a couple years ago...one of those I mentioned where I'd glued the signatures together.  Today I added folios to what was left of the original signatures, and stitched on pockets and page extensions.  Will bind it tomorrow.

See you in a few days.  xo 

5 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

This zig zag stitch just grabs me, love it. Nice natural and organic feel to your cover. You are a journal making mama. xox

jenclair said...

Love the elegant simplicity of this journal!

john said...

Love the lightning bolt binding stitch.

Jacki Long said...

You make everything look so good!
It's a talent! ♥

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Yet another beauty........