Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One Before I Go...

...for the year.

Just finished binding the latest journal this morning.  You can see better in the second photo that this is Coptic with French Link binding.

The journal's specs ~ 9-1/4 x 7 inches, 8 signatures, 128 pages, 9 foldouts and 17 pockets.  Too fat at the fore edges, as usual.  Whatever...

This is my penultimate hand bound book for this book making roll I've been on.  Just one more, and then I'll be switching to something else early in 2015.  I've already been thinking about the new thing, building the inspiration and desire.

I've really liked focusing on one thing for the last few months, and doing a lot of that.  It works better for me than constantly changing up what I'm doing, where my focus is, etc.  
Other than the coming media shift, I have no plans, goals or resolutions for 2015.  I don't believe in such things anymore, especially the resolutions part.  Come what may, I'll make the best of it.  We have no control. anyway, over most of what happens in our lives, and intricate plans usually go awry through no fault of our own.  I can say, though, that I aspire to be calmer and more peaceful, to have more compassion, to show more kindness, and to be more heartfelt in all that I do.

Wishing you all the very best in the coming year.  Happy New Year!  xoxo

10 comments:

Jacki Long said...

Another beauty Connie!
You are so great at whatever you do!
It's a joy to watch you!
Happy New Years Eve, Eve! ♥

Els said...

I like that Connie : no goals,no resolutions ;-)
Love the "aspire" bit too ...
All the best Connie, see you next year !
Warm greetings from Holland

Els said...

Ha, forgot : love the new book (cover) !

PamelaArtsinSF said...

No resolutions for me either, Connie -- and Happy New Year!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I'm so pleased our little discussion about the French Link was an inspiration! Looks great. I so enjoyed getting to look through your books recently, in all their pocket and foldout-filled glory. (Psst… the cure for fat fore-edges is little spacer pieces at the spine. But I suspect you might know that. As you say, Whatever… ;-)

I've always thought New Year's resolutions were a crock, mostly for reasons you articulate. I suspect it's all little more than a marketing opportunity for the dieting and exercise industries, etc.

May you have a wonderful 2015 filled with peace, kindness, compassion and artistic passion… mixed in with lots of BeeGee cuddles and kisses!

Peggy Lynn said...

Hope my little package made its way to you! Happy 2015

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love this. Hope you are singing every day. I do, to the dogs especially. xox

Maggi said...

Happy New Year to you too Connie.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Oooooo, Connie! Now that I've made my first hand-sewn journal, I can really appreciate your bookbinding talents. Love the idea of the old book covers. Looking forward to seeing what you're new projects will be in 2015--and hoping that I'll be able to stop by for a visit more often as I hope to get the coming semester under control now! Oh, yes, I agree with what you said a few posts back...More is never better.
May 2015 bring you much joy and creativity.
best, nadia

john said...

Another great place to put your treasure chest of thoughts and art. Wonderful!