Friday, December 12, 2014

On The Rebound

This is the journal I tore apart and rebuilt.  It's the same structure as it was ~ long stitch with sewn on tapes ~ and I used the same handmade fabric tapes.

Previously the book had signatures that had been glued together as well as a number of recycled magazine pages that weren't as hefty as I now prefer (I'm no longer using recycled paper for my handmade books, unless it's non-glossy and heavy enough to write on).

I kept a couple of folios from each of the original six signatures, added folios to each, and then repunched the original holes in all.

The journal is 9 x 5-3/4 inches, has 96 pages, 11 foldouts and 13 pockets.



This last folio is one of two left over from the original shabby journal I made in Mary Ann Moss's Remains of the Day class, two plus years ago.  I had too many folios to bind in back then, and have been saving the leftovers to use when I could, elsewhere.

Have a great weekend.  xo

10 comments:

Jacki Long said...

Dang, Lady!
These are all terrific!
Never cease to amaze!

Leslie said...

Those Remains of the Day folios are fun, aren't they? Great way to use a ton of papers you like. Great journal.

jenclair said...

Love the cover!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Crazy for the cover ... beautiful!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Another fabulous cover and redo. You are on fire. You must be stacking them up against the wall. Soon you will be buried in your journals and have to write your way out. xox

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Wow! That's a beautiful journal!

john said...

Just plain fantastic!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Wonderful work! I really admire your bookbinding skills!

Alice said...

That orangey journal is a real beauty. Love the way the tapes blend in but also stand out a bit. Elegant.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

WOW from the jacket to the last page. Love the sewn on tags and the mix of prints.Better start writing then.