Saturday, November 8, 2014

Very Maxfield Parrish

A Maxfield Parrish sky the other evening.  Or was this in the morning?  I don't remember, except I'm usually not up early enough to catch the sunrises, and I face west besides.  Anyway, beautiful clouds, whatever time of day it was.

Yesterday I printed on transparency sheets with acrylic paints, and will do another session of same tomorrow.  I love making pockets in books with my own transparencies.  I'll post some of those next week.  These are in preparation for a few books in the works or on the drawing board. 

I've been spending a lot less time online lately...and aha!, I'm being a lot more creative now.  Lots going on today ~ a visit to my hairdresser to have my mane thinned, a stop at SCRAP in Arcata, a local book artist's studio-closing sale in Blue Lake, a schmooze at a donor open house given by Miranda's Rescue in Trinidad (Miranda's is in Fortuna), and lastly a stop at a dear friend's home/studio in Trinidad before heading home.

Have a great weekend.  xo 

9 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

I always think of Steven Spielburg when I see skies like this!

Jan said...

Sounds like a fun day. :-)

Gorgeous sky....gorgeous. Loved Maxfield Parish when I was in my 20's, with sighs and hand on heart in awe!

ileneharris said...

Dave and I just went to Elaine's closing of Blue Chair Press this morning at 10. I was blown away by all of the print type - both metal and wood - became overwhelmed by it all and ended up not buying those. I did pick up a few prints, cards and some paper. It was beautiful and sunny out in Blue Lake. Now we are driving home and 101 is socked in fog from Arcata to Eureka.

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful, art filled day! Drive carefully, if you haven't left yet. Enjoy...

Charlton Stitcher said...

Lovely autumn sky tonight ... But no camera to hand. That's always the way!

Maggi said...

Stunning colours. Hope your day was a good one.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Very Parrish indeed. Have a fun day!

john said...

You are reminding me that it is important to just stop and look around us. I did that just the other night before my Thursday night teaching gig. The sky was amazing, pink clouds just before sunset. I had to call Tim so he could experience it as well. Lucky us!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

The "dear friend" enjoyed the visit at the end of your very long day. And, yes, great clouds!

gulmina khan said...

Thanks a lot for your information.Also Visit This great site to sell your work
Sell Your Artwork