Monday, November 17, 2014

Sons of the Hurricane

Hot off the press...another Coptic stitch book just finished. This was one of the few books I got at the Eureka Library sale late last month.

This journal is 9-1/8 x 5-5/8 inches, has 128 pages (8 signatures with 4 folios each), 19 pockets and 3 foldouts.  Red is not a color I usually gravitate toward but I really liked the cover art.  I used up all my red collages on this one.

Fourth image down is the inside back cover and back page of the last signature.  I didn't realize until I took the photos just now that both of the collages I'd done used pieces of the same original NatGeo photo.  And here I lined them up without even thinking about it.  Pretty interesting.



The 19 pockets in this journal include two like this ~ small envelopes stitched on as page extensions. This is something else you can do to create hidden places in books, as well as just using envelopes as folios by themselves.

I'm really enjoying this bookmaking roll that I'm on.  There's something so satisfying about making a journal, about turning something old and useless into something with a purpose.

Have a great week!  xo

5 comments:

Jacki Long said...

I love your journals,
you are very talented!
You inspire us all!

Peggy Lynn said...

YUMMMMMM!

Michele Unger said...

Red IS a color I gravitate towards and I love this journal for it's color and the collage work and the whole shebang! Delicious. Wish I could hold it in my hand and go through it, page by page.


Blue Sky Dreaming said...

You are good at this ... very very good! The pockets are wonderful!

john said...

You go for it! I have made just one coptic stitch and I appreciate your skill with it.