Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Another New Journal

I finished this guy yesterday.  I just love the original cover.  The journal is 5-1/4 x 7-3/4 inches, has 96 pages (6 signatures, 4 folios each), 18 pockets and 7 foldouts.

The binding is a modified long stitch.  Although it appears to be a version of a 2-section X stitch (two sections, or signatures, stitched in at the same time), in reality each section was sewn in individually, with knots made on every second section.  I.E., the thread on the 2nd, 4th and 6th sections was wrapped around the thread on the 1st, 3rd and 5th sections.

Hope you have a great week...and a lovely Thanksgiving if you're in the States.  xo



11 comments:

Jan said...

Oh my! I can see why you love this cover and spine. I really like what you've shown of the inside...all that green. My grandmother's favorite color, so I think of her sweet self when I see green.

I wish you could join us for T-Day...have a good day. Tofurky? JK...

Leslie said...

Marvelous cover. It's getting so hard to find them anymore.
We're cooking the whole 9 yards for just the two of us. like we do each year, mostly just to have the leftovers. Have a good day.
Your mail went out this morning!

Jacki Long said...

Just plain gorgeous!
Achieving the exquisite.
Wonderful blessing.

john said...

The papers look marvelous in your new book! :-)

Karen Isaacson said...

Love the way this came together.

Peggy Lynn said...

Fantastic!

Peggy Lynn said...

If I sent you an old book, would you do your magic to it and then send it back to me? :-)

Maggi said...

This is lovely. I do like the way that you have kept that striking cover without any alteration.

Michele Unger said...

I adore this journal! It's. Just. Perfect.

jenclair said...

Beautiful--and I always love the secret pockets within!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Marvelous stitching and pocket. The green of this old cover is so besutiful. xox