Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Green Gold Anniversary

I'm working on a green and gold book, an old one I'm making into a journal.  This morning I printed a variety of green cardstock papers with metallic green-gold paints.

Today BeeGee and I are celebrating our 10-year anniversary together.  He's been my partner, my soulmate, the love of my life since 2004.  Actually, I had two other kitties when BeeGee joined the family, but as of late 2006 he's been my one and only.  We're happy as clams together.

BeeGee's irises aren't really turquoise ~ it just looks that way in the photo.

More great recent reads:  Faithful Place, the third in Tana French's Dublin Murder Squad series ~ fantastic book.  Fault Lines by Nancy Huston.  I'm currently reading Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl ~ this was her debut novel, and it's terrific.  I'm two books further on in the Inspector Lynley series; will begin Playing for the Ashes soon.  I read May We Be Forgiven by A.M. Homes recently and have another one of hers on my stack from the library.

Hope you're having a good weekend.  xo

9 comments:

Jan said...

Great picture of you two...hugs and kisses to you both.

Leslie said...

*Love* those papers, just my colors.
That's a big cat! His face is almost the same size as yours. Happy 10 years. Nothing like a good cat, is there?
I just finished In The Woods by Tana French and can't wait for the next one to arrive. She's good.

Maggi said...

Happy anniversary to you both. The pages look gorgeous. Thanks too for the book recommendations.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a lovely portrait of you two! Happy 10th... and may you enjoy many more happy years together!

Charlton Stitcher said...

Those greens are fantastic ... Love the range of patterns you've achieved too ... And that cat is a beaut! We have a seven year old female version called Mabel.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Happy belated anniversary you two! And he is such a handsome soulmate. I love his expressive face.

john said...

You are just booking up a storm. Totally lovely!

Karen Isaacson said...

BeeGee is quite the gorgeous specimen, and I suspect he agrees. He complements your green/gold papers so nicely.

Nina Fenner said...

Lovely colours, and lovely to see a smiley picture of you too.