Monday, October 6, 2014

Gone Fishing

Gone Fishing zine, October 2014 ~ back and front covers
This is my second zine, also created last week.  I did work out my technical issue with this one, so now I'm good to go. 

Gone Fishing, inside pages 2 & 3
I finished a couple of noteworthy books over the weekend ~ Infrared by Nancy Huston and Rust by Julie Mars.  Rust was especially fantasticI only wish the Humboldt Library system had more of Mars' books; I'll have to request through inter-library loan.

Gone Fishing, inside pages 4 & 5
Currently I'm reading The Drowning House by Elizabeth Black, and enjoying it a lot.  Beautiful, well written, first novel for this author.  The atmosphere and ambiance remind me of Peachtree Road, my favorite book by Anne Rivers Siddons, which would be worth reading again.

Gone Fishing, inside pages 6 & 7
Wrote a meditation haiku this morning ~

Calmly abiding
Thoughts hovering overhead
In peace I remain
  
Have a good week.  xo

9 comments:

Pat said...

Really nice zine...and thanks for the recommendation of Drowning House. I'll look for it because Peachtree Road is a favorite of mine
Pat

Jan said...

Lovely haiku...and a fun zine.
Books on list.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

OK, I LOVE this zine. Must have. xoxox

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love all the vintage images in this zine, so great! xox

Rhonda H said...

Very cute zine... and thanks for the reading ideas! Sounds like I have a few to check out for myself!

Charlton Stitcher said...

The zine is a new medium for me - not many in the UK perhaps? Love the simplicity of the haiku.

Emma said...

Love the zines, the fish are great & enjoyed the catching up I've been doing.

Jeanne Aird said...

Great Zine Connie. Love that headline, "Start your Boy on the Road to True Manhood" So much different than what would be published as the road to true womanhood in that era. The one about women would be about how to snag a man.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Oooo! Love the zine as well!