Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Another Dozen

I made another dozen of these stamphead, kids'-book-page postcards over the last couple days.

The pages that I used both in this batch and the previous one are from a children's reader called Once Upon a Storytime.  I read the same book when I was a child and some of the stories and illustrations have brought back memories as I've been going through the book recently.

It is strange, indeed, to be standing squarely in your present life, riffling through an old book, and suddenly you're on the playground of your grammar school, from 55-60 years ago.  Life was good enough back then, but I'm sure glad to be at this end of mine now...instead of having to face 60 years of all that comes between childhood and being a senior.  I certainly wouldn't want to have to do it over again...

...until my next lifetime, of course.  Where I sincerely hope to come back as my cat, cared for and loved as much as BeeGee is.

xo

8 comments:

Dori Singh said...

I love these, Connie! One of my favorite things you've done!

PamelaArtsinSF said...

I agree with Dori -- wonderful!!!!

Leslie said...

Very cool. I like the dog's head. I haven't found any animals that work well yet. Your first batch of these inspired me to make a bunch - thanks!

Jacki Long said...

I think these are wonderful, Connie!
You have such a good eye in whatever you do.

Maggi said...

Very effective. The idea of coming back as a cat like BeeGee is definitely attractive.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Marvelous stamp head collection these four. Amusing stories as well. I am coming back as my dogs for sure...we treat them better than we treat ourselves I think. xox

jenclair said...

:) Same here--love the stamp heads and wouldn't want to be starting over right now.

john said...

These are great just like the one I got in the mail. I love mine! Many thanks.