Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The End of Creative Days

This is my latest shabby-style daybook, Creative Days, completed over the weekend.

These shabby journals are a real hodge podge of disparate elements.  I think that's what I like about them so much.

I've read a few really great books recently...

Everything I Never Told You, by Celeste Ng.  Her debut novel from this year.  Really terrific.
My Year of Meats, Ruth Ozeki's debut novel, from 1999.  Really loved it. 
The Good Daughters, another wonderful book by Joyce Maynard.

I'm in a bit of a creative lull.  There are a couple ideas percolating, but I'm not sure what to do next.

Meanwhile, I've been sleeping a lot, although not especially well at night.  Which is fine.  I've been enjoying luscious afternoon naps most days, cozy on the couch, watching the breeze wafting the ikat cloth I use for a curtain across my front room window.

Hope you're having a good week.  xo










12 comments:

PamelaArtsinSF said...

That is one fabulous looking journal!!!!

Roberta said...

I agree. Wonderful journal. Wish I could turn the pages and feel it!

Trece said...

Really love what you've done here, a fearless mish-mash of so many things. Somehow, I cannot let go and be more free. Sigh.

Jan Ward said...

You had me at wafting ikat curtain... it made me smile. Love the work.

jenclair said...

Such a fun and creative way of journaling!

Sandra Rude said...

Beautiful journal! I love the variety of the elements in it - some of everything.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Super, super yummy....I wish I had the time right now to do this, feel like one side of my creative life is missing. Glad to see other friends work. Keeps me motivated. xox

Jeanne Aird said...

Great looking journal, full of fun collages.

Jacki Long said...

Your journal is WONDERFUL!!!
My favorite kind of journal,
with bits and parts of what in you that day.
The best!
Naps and a journal ... I'd say you right on track?

Judy said...

As you know, I adore your books, and count myself really lucky to have been given one! These books are nifty…..and you are inspiring me!!
Naps are terrific! Nothing better than an afternoon recharge!
Had my check with my surgeon yesterday….and don't have to go back to her for a YEAR! WooHoo!!!

xxoo

Maggi said...

Love this journal.

Judy said...

Thanks for the book recommendations! Audible has all three, so they are now on my wish list. I hope to start one tomorrow!
xxoo