Friday, July 11, 2014
I did plant a bunch of poppy seeds early in the year that I got from a neighbor late last summer. Most of those didn't come up or were disturbed when I put in other plants. But five or six small plants did make it, and I'm hoping for blooms on those next year. This year they're just getting their plant thing on.
Below is my succulent area, a nook between my Rubbermaid shed on the right and the brick wall. Over the years I've covered the area with shade cloth and clear plastic. Several of the plants here used to be in the house but they got too big. They're doing just fine outside. The ferns are volunteers that came up just this year.
I still have a huge pile of rusted stuff from my rusting and ecodyeing days. Originally I thought I'd take the big stuff back to the salvage yard from whence it came...but that place went out of business not long ago. Meanwhile, the big stuff makes nice garden art.